A New Scenario For Business
Climate change means business change and social change. Every business and organisation will face new challenges.
As the heat turns up and the momentum toward policy and commercial change builds, the impacts of climate related risks and opportunities intensify.
Energy, transport, water, manufacturing, agriculture, mining, financial services and FMCG – every sector that matters in Australian commerce will undergo seismic shifts. The complexity and diversity of change will be unprecedented.
The Climate Alliance 2017 National Conference offers you the opportunity to learn more about some of the key dynamics that will shape new operating scenarios for business.
This year's conference will focus on the assessment and disclosure of climate related risk.
We have an excellent line up of speakers:
- Fiona Wild, VP Climate Change and Sustainability at BHP outlines the work the TCFD has done to-date, provides an overview of their recommendations and a snapshot of what is coming.
- Dr Paul Fisher will speak about the wider policy risks from the transition. In particular how the EU is developing a comprehensive policy agenda on Sustainable Finance.
- Chloe Munro, former Chair of the Clean Energy Regulator and member of the Finkel Review panel will cover how the Australian energy market could tackle the transition risks to a lower carbon economy.
- Dr Karl Mallon, Director, Climate Risk will discuss hostile analytics - how the physical climate change risks to infrastructure and property can now be assessed by investors and competitors - with or without the disclosure of their corporate owners.
Each speaker will address the conference and then participate in a Panel moderated by our MC, Mr Adrian King, Partner in Charge, Sustainability Services, KPMG Australia.
The winners of the 2017 Leadership Awards will be announced at the conclusion of the conference. The awards recognise Australian business leaders and organisations that have demonstrated leadership by addressing the opportunities or risks presented by climate change. Four categories of business leadership awards are available:
- Board Leadership of the Year
- Company Secretary of the Year
- Business Leader of the Year
- Innovator/Exporter of the Year
Communications services provided by Holdfast Communications