We are pleased to invite you to attend a Round Table session to be held in Sydney on the 4th May, 2010.
The Round Table is being organised by Climate Alliance Limited, a not-for-profit, membership based company that engages with Australia’s company directors and communicates the opportunities and risks of climate change. Our goal is to make it easier for Australian directors to inform themselves about this important issue.
The objective of the Round Table is to facilitate open and constructive conversations between directors in a confidential environment.This session will be held under the Chatham House rule and each table will comprise a facilitator and five directors who are interested to learn more about this topic. The facilitator will be a director who has been closely involved in a sustainability initiative ormentored a specific project. The facilitators include – Ms Julie Hill (Lend Lease), Mr John King (Jetset) and Dr Merv Jones (Orbital).
Some suggested topics include:
- What are the business impacts of climate change? Does my business need to begin preparing now?
- How will the predicted increased cost of energy and water make it easier to justify efficiency improvement projects?
- Is “green” really the next big thing, and if so, what competitive advantage does this new market offer my business?
- How will directors be impacted by new climate change regulations?
- How to navigate through the legislative uncertainty
The program is presented with the generous support of Ernst & Young who will be hosting the event.
Please complete the enclosed registration form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form. Please RSVP by April 23rd, 2010.