Climate Alliance, including any related bodies corporate, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression 'personal information' is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information
The type of personal information that Climate Alliance collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Join Climate Alliance as a member
- Register for events
- Subscribe to a journal or newsletter
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, Climate Alliance may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Research and develop Climate Alliance's service offerings
- Provide information to ensure compliance with Climate Alliance's Constitution and by-laws (in the case of members)
- Provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
When we disclose your personal information
Climate Alliance will not disclose your personal information to third parties with the exception of Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Climate Alliance takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
Climate Alliance will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Climate Alliance's personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
Upon request, Climate Alliance will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. Climate Alliance reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to information. If you would like access, please make your request in writing to the Membership Manager.